SAT VOCAB Weekly and Daily Journal Entries Mrs. Maldonado and Mrs. Etheridge ENGLISH 10 MONDAY 3/14-WRITE DOWN ALL THE WORDS AND THEIR DEFINITIONS. 1)Captivate (verb) - Attract or hold the interest and attention of. 2)Accord (verb) - To be consistent with. 3)Aggregate (noun) A material or structure formed from a loosely compacted mass of fragments or particles.
4)Pernicious (adjective) Having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way. 5)Advocate (verb) Publicly recommend or support. MONDAY 3/14-WRITE DOWN ALL THE WORDS AND THEIR DEFINITIONS. 6) Prejudicial (adjective) Harmful to someone or something. 7) Explicit (adjective) Stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt. 8) Overt (adjective) Done or shown openly; not secretive or hidden.
9) Denunciatory (noun) A public statement that strongly criticizes someone or something as bad or wrong. 10) Ambivalent (adjective) Having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone. TUESDAY 3/15- LISTED ARE SYNONYMS OF THE VOCAB WORDS FROM MONDAY (3/14). CHOOSE THE CORRECT SYNONYM TO EACH WORD. (REFER TO MONDAYS JOURNAL ENTRY) 1)Harmful 2)Hurtful 3)Urge
4)Obvious 5)Charm 6) Undecided 7) Match 8) Collection 9) Accusation 10) Clear WEDNESDAY 3/16- LISTED ARE ANTONYMS OF THE VOCAB WORDS FROM MONDAY (3/14). CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANTONYM TO EACH WORD. (REFER TO MONDAYS JOURNAL ENTRY)
USING EACH WORD 1)Captivate 2)Accord 3)Aggregate 4)Pernicious 5)Advocate 6) Prejudicial 7) Explicit 8) Overt 9) Denunciatory 10) Ambivalent
FRIDAY 3/18- FILL IN THE BLANK WITH THE CORRECT WORD. REFER TO MONDAYS (3/14) JOURNAL ENTRY. 1)Susan tried to __?__ the attention of her boyfriend. 2)The honors students are __?__ about taking A.P. classes next year. 3)The __?__ weed has spread all through the flower bed. 4)In some countries, racial prejudice is __?__ and not disguised in the least. 5)The governors actions are completely in __?__ with standard government policy.
FRIDAY 3/18- FILL IN THE BLANK WITH THE CORRECT WORD. REFER TO MONDAYS (3/14) JOURNAL ENTRY. 6) The ministers __?__ of his ex-wife during the service came as a surprise to the congregation. 7) I can see right now that I am going to have to be more __?__ when I give instructions. 8) Mrs. Maldonado has come out to __?__ for Donald Trump! 9) The libraries of the city contain an __?__ of some 300,000 volumes. 10) While approving the repeal in regard to minor cereals, the Senate again rejected the repeal of the tax on grinding wheat as __? __ to national finance.
MONDAY 3/21-WRITE DOWN ALL THE WORDS AND THEIR DEFINITIONS. 1) Disdain (noun) - The feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt. 2) Reverence (noun) A feeling of deep respect or awe. 3) Equivocal (adjective) - Allowing the possibility of several different meanings, as a word or phrase, especially with intent to deceive or misguide. 4) Meager (adjective) - Deficient in quantity or quality; lacking fullness or richness. 5) Enthralled (verb) Filled with delight and wonder at something.
TUESDAY 3/22-SYNONYMS AND ANTONYMS SYNONYMS ANTONYMS 1) Ambivalent 1) Hate 2) Admiration
2) Respect 3) Thrilled 4) Slim 5) Disrespect 3) Big 4) Certain 5) Dull WEDNESDAY 3/23- FILL IN THE BLANK AND WRITE A COMPLETE SENTENCE! FILL IN THE BLANK
1) The scientists theory is __?__ and has not been proven in a lab experiment. 2) My daughter is quick to complain about what she considers to be a/an __?__ allowance. 3) The mother was in complete __?__ after finding out her son failed the sixth grade again. 4) Carol will not purchase Beyonces new album because she is not __?__ with the singer. 5) Not surprisingly, everyone treated the Pope with a great deal of __?__ at the event. WEDNESDAY 3/23- FILL IN THE BLANK AND WRITE A COMPLETE SENTENCE!
1) Disdain 2) Reverence 3) Equivocal 4) Meager 5) Enthralled MONDAY 3/28-WRITE DOWN ALL THE WORDS AND THEIR DEFINITIONS. 1) Erratic (adjective) Not even or regular in pattern or movement. 2) Approbation (noun) Approval or praise.
3) Meander (verb) - To proceed by or take a winding or indirect course. 4) Garrulous (adjective) - Excessively talkative in a rambling, roundabout manner. 5) Gregarious (adjective) - Fond of the company of others. TUESDAY 3/29 SYNONYMS 1)Permission 2)Unpredictable 3)Chatty 4)Sociable
5)Stroll WEDNESDAY 3/30 ANTONYMS 1)Unfriendly 2)Untwist 3)Refusal 4)Definite 5)Quiet THURSDAY 3/31 FILL IN THE BLANK AND WRITE A COMPLETE SENTENCE!
1)The confused old man will sometimes come into the store and __?__ for hours without making a purchase. 2)When the police officer saw the man driving in a/an __? __ manner, he pulled him over to question him. 3)__?__ people are likely to hang out with friends every weekend. 4)With my mother's __?__, I can sleep over at your house. 5)Mrs. Maldonado, who is usually loud and __?__, was surprisingly quiet as a mouse this morning. THURSDAY 3/31 WRITE A COMPLETE SENTENCE! 1)Erratic
VMware Private Cloud. Customers can use vCloud Director and some other associated products to build private clouds for test/dev. purposes ... These customers would require VMware Cloud Infrastructure Suite and VMware Management Suites (vCOPS and vFabric APM) to build private...
C H A P T E R 24 Character Development and Good Sporting Behavior Chapter 24: Character Development and Good Sporting Behavior Guiding Practice in Character Development Physical educators, coaches, and exercise leaders are in positions to positively influence character,...
Measuring Mass and Density . Mass. is a measurement of the quantity of matter in an object. The mass of the golf ball is about 45 g. It is almost 18 times the mass of the table-tennis ball, which is...
TRAINTrauma Resiliency and Integrated neurotrainer Program. Comprehensive Program to Include. BrainPaint neurofeedback. Conducted by peer support, veteran medic/corpsmen, Certified Neurotrainers. Elective adjunct supports for . connection. to include. Community Resiliency Program, & The Dark Thought Project. Recommended model includes
Mengatur temperatur yang ideal bagi testis untuk spermatogenesis Sifat : - Elastis - Peka terhadap temperatur lingkungan Terdapat : - Tunica Dartos - Banyak kelenjar keringat Permukaan tidak rata / berkerut - kerut Testis berada di kantong scrotum, untuk memperoleh...
Two general ways of solving inverse kinematics: analytical and numerical. With nonredundant manipulators, there are a finite number of solutions (usually > 1, without joint limits) With redundant manipulators, there are an infinite number of solutions.
Stacey Andrews • Edgecumbe . Opening statement Attention grabber:; I am just explaining what I do in the classroom on a really good week. We are being driven to ILP. The planning can change depending on what activities are happening...
Parenchymal cells Nutrition Carnivorous animal Incomplete digestive tract Mouth at ventrum under midline Pharyngeal wall with epidermis, muscle and gastrodermis Intestine with three branching caeca; one in ant. intestinal caecum and two in post. intestinal caeca Branching diverticula Class Trematoda...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!